Saturday, October 27, 2007

Dammit...

So, I was in the theater yesterday watching the previews before Saw 4, which were much better than the actual film. One preview came on which had me particularly excited. I'm speaking of course about Rambo 4. I'm particularly excited about this film because I'm a fan of the others and also because I saw the screener footage that was on the internet a while ago, where Rambo climbs into a gun turret on the back of a jeep, turns it to the evil driver, and blasts him away. Fun stuff. Anyway, this all leads up to what happened while I was watching the trailer. Just as it ended, with the release date on the screen and all, someone behind me went "Rambo's back."

....

FUCK YOU! Goddammit I hate when people make stupid comments like this. Okay, I know the trailer is good and gets your pumped to see the movie, but come on! You're not the trailer guy, and your not adding anything to the movie and you sound stupid as hell. I know I seem like i'm getting bent way out of shape about this, but this type of thing happens all the time. I remember watching Grindhouse a while back, and during the "Planet Terror" segment, when Rose McGowan's character gets the gun for a leg for the first time, someone behind me goes "Now they're gunna pay!" ....shut up! You are not the character and you are not cool. What if I was watching "The Passion of the Christ" and just as Jesus was being whipped for the hundreth time, I stood up and went "Ow bitch, stop whipping me, it stings!" Actually that would be quite funny, but still stupid.

Anyway, next time you feel you have some great thing to say during a trailer or film, please, unless it is a cure for aids, keep it to yourself.

No comments: