Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Live Review: World Inferno Friendship Society 10/15/07

Let me start by saying that if you have never seen a World Inferno Friendship Society show before, then you don't really know the definition of the word "fun". Because, that's what all of their shows are made up of.

The one that I am reviewing is no different. Last night, the Brooklyn-based group through a "secret" show at the Rebel club in New York. I'm not really sure what they were throwing it for, perhaps to warm up for their tour with Bouncing Souls later this month, but whatever the reason was, the show was free, so I was there. And I'm glad I was. Opening up with "Tattoo's Fade", they were truly at their best that night. You could feel the excitement and energy explode as kids dived from the stage and the ladders that were nearby. At one point, lead singer Jack Terricloth climbed on to the shoulders of a rather large man next to me and did half of a song in that spot. Unfortunately, there were no riots to the streets or ripped up floor boards that people have come to expect from an Inferno show, and the set was rather short (only an hour? Blasphemy!). Still, it was great show and if you haven't seen them yet, go now!''
The tour with the Bouncing Souls starts tomorrow!


Lead singer Jack Terricloth being....Jack.

No comments: